[rescue] I'm a published author 8-)

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 11:23:33 CDT 2001

> > Seriously, we ought to give some thought to this, collectively.
> > You have a great idea there.....
>
> I actually got offered money once for someone to re-use information off
> SunHELP and the mailing lists, and I told them "uh, its not really mine
> to sell - its common knowledge and collective intelligence.. and the posts
> belong to their authors..."

Well, I was thinking of sort of a collective net rescue book, and it
could be something simple like a TeX or troffable tarball that anyone
could use, but where the magickal mystical rescue information could
be gathered up into one collective body.  On-line lists and html stuff
is fine, but sometimes hard to get to, where a solid paper copy in ones
paws, whilst attempting rescue operations, might be better.  Totally
free and open, no sales or moniebadness allowed.  The whole thing is
for the good of the collective body.  Everyone contributes info and
lore to the knowledge body, and maybe several of the folks edit the
stuff collectively into a working reference.  One thought might be
to do it up like manpages, ah, er rescuepages.  It could be onlline,
on-local, or printed out.  It would be a lot of work, and we are all
lazy and overworked, but, I really do sense something like that would
be worthwhile.  We have a good thing going here, Scotty, so don't beam
me up yet.  How to roll it up into a package that is most usable and
versatile for all the rescuers, is the question.

Bob