[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

Jeremy Nielson rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 06:10:52 CDT 2001

The question I have, is how do you generate the initial spark to ignite the
magnesium fuse?

This is certainly not a rescue topic of course, but I'd be interested to
know people's thoughts anyways.  Spark plug and high voltage generator?  Put
the magnesium strip in the gap, and hit the big red button to spark it?
Magnesium takes a lot more heat than I know how to produce electrically...

Jeremy Nielson
jnielson at ihccorp.com