[rescue] My coolest rescue ever, complete Amiga 500

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 16:40:21 CDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > I confirmed it, and he started bringing in the full Amiga 1200(? sorry,
> > it's not near me right now) system.. external disk unit, 2 external
> > floppies, OS media, games, Maple, Fortran, the full Amiga Developer manual
> > set, etc. etc.
>
> If it really was a 1200, that is like the most hackable machine.  You
> should tower it, and find PCI and PPC upgrades for it.

It's like a big PC desktop style case... ISA slots and the processor slot.
It has the processor upgrade card too, 68030/33MHz I believe with a
whopping 16MEGs of RAM.

Where/how would one get PCI upgrades? I wouldn't imagine the current
system bus/speed would handle any decent PCI without a motherboard
replacement of some sort... unless it's all densely packed on a processor
card of some kind.

-Matthew