[rescue] I'm a published author 8-)

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 16:37:30 CDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I'm the author of chapter 15, "Working with the vi editor", in the
> newly-published Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 8
> Study Guide, from Syngress Media, Inc.
>
> (no, I dont get royalties, I got a one-time payment, but its just so
>  cool to have something published...)

Congrats, Bill! Now when we have sunrescue picnics you can have a book
autographing session :)

I've done some proofreading for some books in the past. A couple chapters
from "Introduction to UNIX using Linux" which my Professor let me
proofread/edit- he got the name in the book, I got the cash :) And I hear
RIT is using it for a class.

I think with the wealth of information that has appeared on this list,
someone should compile a "SunRescue: Encyclopedia of Computer Knowledge,
Volume I" :)

Again, congrats!

-Matthew