[rescue] My coolest rescue ever, complete Amiga 500

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 13:27:18 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:04:36PM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Hey, there's a couple of local 'public access' type stations on the cable
> here, and every once in a while the Amiga that runs them will crash ( or
> in Amiga terms it went into guru meditation), then reboot, and they don't
> have it setup to properly rerun their program, so it sits at the workbench
> screen! Once it did that for an entire weekend :)

Same with the local cable company when I was in high school.  I called them
up, told them to go back to the "video text thingy" in the back, and hit
the keystroke combination to reboot it.  Couple of minutes later, "thanks!
how'd you know that?"  "Oh, I have one here at home..." 8-)

(it had been sitting at a guru meditation)

I saw it later.. was an Amiga 500 with a single floppy drive.

bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net