[rescue] My coolest rescue ever, complete Amiga 500

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 11:35:36 CDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> I just made my coolest rescue of all time, a complete Amiga 500 with
> full RAM, 1084s monitor, A590 hard drive, external floppy, a hardware
> DOS emulator card, all power supplies, cables, full manuals for
> everything and over 500 disks worth of software.

That reminds me of my Amiga rescue.. I was working in a computer store at
the time. Some guy just comes in (apparently he was in earlier in the week
and was referred to me), and asked "Are you the guy that collects old
computers?"

I confirmed it, and he started bringing in the full Amiga 1200(? sorry,
it's not near me right now) system.. external disk unit, 2 external
floppies, OS media, games, Maple, Fortran, the full Amiga Developer manual
set, etc. etc.

Not to mention a large amount of books on programming (from fortran -> c
-> assembly) and a lot of Amiga books.

All for free, and all he wanted was for it to go to a good home.

> Now what do I do with it?

Lemmings. Play Lemmings.