SGI Prices Tanking (Was: Re: [rescue] nuking from orbit)

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 10:07:20 CDT 2001

>On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> ObRescue:  I bought an SGI Indigo2 R10K-195MHz, 1MB L2 cache, Solid Impact
>> graphics, 128MB RAM/4GB 7200 RPM drive today, from Ebay.  $359 with
>> shipping, including keyboard and mouse.  The prices on SGIs have really
>> cratered recently.
>
>I think you mean "getting in touch with reality" recently.

Actually, some of them are still not in touch with reality, like the guys
who list medium-level O2s for $1200.  And mid-level Octanes for $1900.

Not to mention the sleazeballs who try to convince you that an Indy R4600PC
is a "high performance graphics workstation" or whatnot.

Cordially
--
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net