[rescue] OT: SGI CosmoCode problems

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 29 19:38:20 CDT 2001

Good evening,

 I am wondering if anyone has had this issue before with SGI's CosmoCode
2.3 (Java IDE). I followed the directions from SGI's web site... installed
the Java_EOE and _DEV packages, installed WebSupport, and tried installing
any patches (but they didn't apply). CosmoCode installs without a hitch,
but upon trying to run it:

 cosmocode: app-defaults file missing or obsolete.
 Install /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/CosmoCode.

 And when I click "ok" the whole thing exits. I have tried 'removing' the
CosmoCode 'app-defaults', and have glanced at the file itself, but can
find nothing that suggests any reason why it finds it obsolete.

 System is an IP20 IRIS Indigo w/ 150MHz R4400 IRIX 6.2.

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

 Matthew

p.s. And yes, I also put the free license in /var/flexlm/license.dat and
updated licensetools to version 3.x (latest from SGI's site).