[rescue] 670MP funzies....

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 28 11:06:06 CDT 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I'm cool with just the 2.14, as I only ever plan to run Supersparcs in
> my 670... but if the majority prefer the bridgepoint option, I'll still
> go in and help defray cost.

My only concern is with the version number. According to mbus.sunhelp.org,
you need 2.14.3 to run SM71/SM81 CPUs. However, I have what claims to be
2.10 in my machine, and I can run SM51s, which according to the same
document should need 2.10.3.

So I'm quite confused. Mike S, have you used SM71/81 or HyperSPARC CPUs on
that PROM of yours? Does anyone know if the minor (.3) revision number is
important?

Dan
--
Dan Debertin