[rescue] 670MP funzies....

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 28 10:30:01 CDT 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Michael S. Schiller wrote:

> Is there a version of the ROMs after the Sun 2.14 ones? I've got a 600 CPU
> with 2.14 ROMS on it. If these are good enough, rather than buying ROMS
> from Bridgeport, I could just take my board over to Dave and he can
> duplicate them, saving lots of money for everyone (and giving me a good
> excuse to visit Laurel :)

*I'm* cool with this. Dave made the point last time that it makes sense to
get the latest & greatest (which is IIRC 2.14(h)) if we're going to do
this at all. It's no big deal to me, as I'm never going to run the
highest-end HyperSPARC CPUs on my machine. Acc. to the mbus reference, you
only need the (h) release if you're running the 180MHz CPUs, which are
ridiculously expensive anyway.

The last person to buy 600MP PROM chips from bridgepoint paid around $100.
As I've received 5 responses so far (and plus me that's 6), we're looking
at about $16 a person, plus the price of the dupe chips and Dave's mailing
costs.

So. Martin, Dan S, Chris S, BSD Bob and Kurt, what's your preference? A
pretty nice 2.14 (is that 2.14.3? Are the minor numbers cited in the mbus
ref important?) PROM from Mike Schiller, or a little more moolah for the
latest & greatest from bridgepoint?

Dan
--
Dan Debertin