[rescue] OT: Shiva LanRover/8E Questions

Neil McNeight rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 22:44:19 CDT 2001

More like one big question, really. How do I get it to work!

I made the mistake of pin-resetting it before I tried every admin program
on it, assuming that there was a password on it. Now, when I try to
download new firmware into it, it goes part of the way and then hangs.
No response from the serial ports, and none of them are marked as a
"console" port. The only visible indications are that the Power and Port 2
LED's are solid green and the Ethernet LED is flashing green (after the
rotating amber lights before the download starts). Anyone have any
experience with this?

And it's not that far off-topic, as I am hoping to get it working as a
terminal server to access a short stack of Sun's.

-Neil

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." | Neil McNeight
                        -Mahatma Gandhi            | mcneight at umich.edu