[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 18:29:34 CDT 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Zach Malone wrote:

> Sure, we can support tons of people in the short run, but in the long
> run, we end up making that area unusable for food production.

The same applies to the US attitude towards Fossil Fuels;  only having it
the short term is wrecking the rest of the world in the process.

The US also takes /no/ account of Side Effects, ethics, or human-health (!)
when producing food;  or that pumping huge amounts of anti-biotics into to
cattle for short-term monetary gain might affect humans in a bad way by
reducing the effectiveness of these drugs generally;  particularly since the
meat is to /consumed/ by humans.

Paul