[rescue] 670MP funzies....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 12:36:54 CDT 2001

> It's the luck of the motherboard draw. Mine is 2.10, and I'd like to bump
> it higher.
>
> There was talk on this list quite awhile ago among us 600MP owners about
> chipping in to buy a 2.14 PROM and duping it with Dave M's help. Maybe we
> should quit beating around the bush and actually do it ;). Who's game?

Hmmm, I might be.  There has mysteriously appeared a local hypersparc
module (probably out of our local surplus here, but one that I missed)
that MAY have come from a VME crate.  I saw it in the surplus feeding
frenzy pit a couple of weeks back, but no price was on it at the time.
It was a 630mp tower with big letters ``HYPERSPARC'' stencilled on it.
IFF that is, indeed, where it came from, and I can trace the local
surplus geeks that might have the remaining board, perhaps I can track
down the associated roms.  IFF that is the case (I know a long shot,
for sure, but worth trying), I would be happy to lend them for the
group updating.  I emailed the geeks in question, so, keeping fingers
crossed.....

Bob