[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 10:16:06 CDT 2001

>On August 27, joshua d boyd wrote:
>  My comments on overpopulation are based on two things:
>
>  1) The fact that it took me well over an hour to get to Terp
>     Trader a few weeks ago, and it's a whopping six miles from here.  I
>     don't live IN DC...I live halfway between the DC and Baltimore
>     beltways, a good number of miles outside of both.

Nah, just that all those tax dollars on gas (40-50 cents per gallon) and on
big trucks (which pay about $2k per year in licensing, plus higher fuel
taxes) aren't being spent properly.  Just be glad you don't live in
Lancaster County, PA - it's far worse than where you are.

>  2) I heard a rather shocking statistic a while back, which I'm sure
>    everyone knows by now: More than half of the people who have ever
>    lived are still alive today.

Actually, it's even worse than that:  half of the people who are alive
today have BELOW AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE.

Think about it.

./patrick