[rescue] web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 07:34:49 CDT 2001

I once had a twitty little girl (college age) who insisted that her seat
should go back, even though my knees where squarely where she wanted her
seat back to be. The exchange went like this (really):

    Girl: (Puts seat back, *wham*, hits something)
    Me: "Ouch!"

    Girl: (Tries seat again, same results)
    Me: "Ouch! That hurts"

    Girl: (Turns around, looking at Me) "But my seat is supposed to go
back!"
    Me: "Do you understand that you are hitting my knees when you put your
seat back? It hurts, please stop it."

    Girl: (Still looking at Me) "But it was made to go back?"
    Me: (Grumble)

    Girl: (Turns around, pushes back real hard on her seat, gets a healthy
dose of knee in her spine)
    Me; (Has terrible rest of trip)

OH - and I used to have a bounce in my walk, until one day I was trying to
get dressed early at home, walked into the laundry room, and smashed my head
*squaely* on top of the door frame. Not my forehead in the front of the
door, but the top of my head, like a pile driver into the top of the door
jam. That *really fucking* hurt.

I also (last story) was walking around my basement, and took a chunk of skin
off the top of my head (incl. hair) when I walked into a joint/seam in my
air conditioning duct. That *really REALLY fucking hurt* - I still walk
around the basement crouched over a bit. As a reminder, I left the tuft of
hair and skin on the duct work for a couple years...

Ken