[rescue] web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 23:32:00 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 03:39:14AM +0100, Steven Hill wrote:
> > > Seems like a depressing hobby, since you can't get a whole lot better at
> > > it, can you? :)
> >
> > Well, with a high enough tolerence for pain, and a good wad of cash, he
> > could try to get better at it.  There are operations after all.
>
> You can get better at doing things that tall people do. (Take the simple
> pleasure of finding clothes that fit...)
>
> Pain? I have worked on the door of a student's union, and a nightclub. It
> isn't getting taller that is my hobby, it is the other uses of height.
> (and weight.) I tell you though, flying cattle class hurts.
>
> I have hit enough door lintels in my time to know that only a shortening
> operation would be of use, but, I *like* being tall.
>
> S.
>
> PS any other tall people out there like to tell me what they drive? Tall =
> 6'5" or greater (to be of use to my hunt for a comfortable vehicle...)

At 6'4", I drive an 87 Jetta GL with a sunroof and height adjustable
seats.  Without the sunroof you get another 1.5" in headroom, and the seat
is actually further back than I like.  I just can't get it to latch into
any other position.

I would appreciate something just a hair wider.  Newer models are a bit
wider, especially the 99+ models.  But I don't like the looks of those.

--
Joshua D. Boyd