[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 23:28:32 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 10:41:33PM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Well, now you folks are starting to make me feel that maybe 220# isn't fat after
> all! But then I'm short (5'8") so maybe it still is :(

What got me was the other weekend when I went rapelling.  There were 5 of
us.  Me, my girlfriend, a friend from school, brother of friend from
school, friend of brother of friend from school.  Now, me and the friend
from school are a far distance from being thin.  The brother and the
friend of brother are quite thin, and have what are supposed to be
physically demanding jobs.

Now,  when it came to climbing back up to the top of the ledge the only
person who wasn't puffing was my girl friend (really, really thin
BTW).  And at the end of the day, the two people who didn't have to energy
to continue on where the thin physical labourors.

Still, my ideal would be to be in good enough shape that I could do a day
like that followed by a brisk game of basketball/football/tennis/whatever
without getting to be seriously out of breath.  When I can do that,
reguardless of what I may weigh, I'll be happy.

--
Joshua D. Boyd