[rescue] Vehicles for Big People (Was Re: web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles)

Neil McNeight rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 22:52:55 CDT 2001

> From: Steven Hill <sjh at tardis.ed.ac.uk>

> PS any other tall people out there like to tell me what they drive? Tall =
> 6'5" or greater (to be of use to my hunt for a comfortable vehicle...)

Assuming you are in the UK, I'd have to suggest the Ford Focus. Both my
mom and my fiancee have the 3-door ZX3, and I (6'4", 240+ lbs) fit with a
comfortable amount of headroom and legroom. In fact, I just spent 5+ hours
today in the *back* seat with quite a bit of comfort.

Contrast this with a Dodge Neon, a manual version of which I couldn't
drive recently because both of my knees were against the dash board.

And, for right now, I'm driving the old family Windstar (minivan) until
the Ford Th!nk electric car comes out in the next few months (yup, I fit
in that too... at least the version they had at the auto show, anyway).

-Neil

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." | Neil McNeight
                        -Mahatma Gandhi            | mcneight at umich.edu