[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 18:51:53 CDT 2001

For those long rides back from the chili cook-offs (wouldn't want to "soil"
the 911!), and proper ventilation is key!

I once ate *way* too much garlic one time (first exp. w/ fresh roasted
garlic, spead it on bread like butter, yumm!), as did my friend &
girlfriend... The next morning we all *reeked* of garlic. I drove back from
Harrisburg to Pennington, NJ (3+ hour drive) with the top down on my
convertible 1967 Mustang the whole way... Sunburned, but the ride was fun.
That girlfriend is now my wife, and we still laugh about that ride:

Then:
    Ken: "Uhm, how about if we drive with the top down?"
    Kim: "SURE! I mean, uhm, if you want to..."

Now:
    Ken: "Remember the ride home from Brad's going away party?"
    Kim: "Yes, gawd we stank of garlic!"
    Ken: "Yeah, the manure in the pasture was a welcome relief... "

My friend was going out to try and meet the girl he was ultimately to marry
as well, but he tried to explain that he didn't need to shower, he was going
to a Habitat for Humanity house to work - we insisted that he shower first,
it was *that bad*...

Ken ;^)