[rescue] raid array failure fun

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 18:10:48 CDT 2001

> The NetApp SE, a pal of mine, came out and saved the day by swapping the
> logic board from a spare drive to one of the failed drives.  Poof,
> system came up, started rebuilding the RAID.

There's a trick you only learn about with experience!  I suppose htough,
that only coveres you in hte event of a logic board failure - a head crash,
or other mechanical failure, would probably still mean a ruined day.

I haven't even had a minor burp in my F820's operation <knock knock>.

Note to self: ask the CFO for moneys for DLT autoloader...

Kurt