[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 14:37:19 CDT 2001

> Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Tahoe, Navigator, and Expedition are all full size SUVs.  The same sizes
as
> > (or slightly larger than) the K5 and K10 Blazer/Jimmy, the Bronco (not
> > Bronco II), and the Ram Charger.
>
> I don'think I would call the Explorer full sized, remember it replaced
> the Bronco II.  I think it would be more of a midsized.

Wuh?  No, the Expeditition (see above).  The Explorer *is* a midsized.

> The S-Blazer would be the small sized, just liek the S-10 is a small
> pickup.  The new Trail-Blazer (Chevy, not to be confused with an old
> Plymouth) is a midsized vehicle.

That's not in line with GM marketing then - they're pushing the Jimmy and
Blazer as mid-sized SUVs.  I suppose it's all about point of view though.
To a Brit, an S-10 might be a honkin huge vehicle :)
<ducking and running>

> Your K5 and Bronco comparisons are spot on, However.  It's a shame the
> old-school SUVs are only classics now.  They even predate the SUV name.
> The good old days when trucks were trucks and cars were cars :-)

My K-5 was an awsome truck.  Sadly I sold it when I moved to CA.  When I
moved back to RI, I needed a truck - but coudln't find a good price on a
mid-80s K5 or K10.  These days though, they're a dime a dozen - and me
without room in my driveway.  Besides, a Honda VTX is my next motorized
vehicle purchase.

Kurt