[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 14:20:16 CDT 2001

> Cheap?  Maybe production is finally keeping up with demand then.  When
> they first came out, they were selling very very fast, and at somewhat
> inflated prices I think.

I saw dealers charging, and people paying, $10,000 over list for them when
they first came out.  I got mine *at* list because I ordered it and waited
for delivery (6 months).

> I've heard that they are really nice vehicles.  I wonder how long they
> will last, quality wise, However.  I have heard that they are quite
> heavy, and on a Neon platform, who know what that will bring.

Not so heavy - 3200 pounds, that's only 500 pounds heavier than a VW Golf.
My Taurus weighs a deal more.  Remember, its *based* on the Neon platform -
not a direct evolution of it.  The Engine and drivetrain were designed for
the car.  The suspension, transmission, and engine are all *much* beefier
than a Neon.

Kurt