[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 13:20:14 CDT 2001

joshua d boyd wrote:
> What's not full sized about it....

It's size :-)

> and what is full sized these days then?

The Ford Expedition, Excursion, Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, etc. are
full size, built on a full size truck frames. (or similar to a truck
frame, as I am sure they aren't exactly the same frame)

The Jeep Grand Cherokee, would either be a midsize, or small.  The
Durango is a midsize, I believe.... it is based on the Dakota (a mid
sized truck).  I think the new Chevy TrialBlazer is supposed to be a mid
sized vehicle.

I would call the Chevy/Geo Tracker and all the other really small ones,
micros, or minis (not to be confused with computer terminology).  That
just my own thought on what to call the size, I have no idea what any of
the 4x4 mags would call them, or even what the manufacturers call them.

I think it is like the whole mainframe, mini, micro deal.  If you were
to walk out side randomly ask some one off the street what a
"minicomputer" was the answer you would get would probably be
wrong...... they would say it must be a really small computer.  They
would say that because to them a "regular sized" computer is a desktop
PC, not a mainframe.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA