[rescue] 386BSD

Phil Brutsche rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 13:10:55 CDT 2001

On Sun, 2001-08-26 at 12:01, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> I'm taking a roadtrip to Ohio later tonight (just won 30 'mainframe terminals
> monitors' on ebay for $.01) but tomorrow when I get back I might just have to
> waste some more floppies to install the etc01 dist files onto the machine as
> well. Now the problem, where am I going to find a driver for my linksys
> network card for this thing?

I think it would depend on the card.  If it's one of those NE2000
compatible things you just might be in luck.  If it's not, well, you'll
just have to roll your own ethernet driver :)

As a last resort you could always do SLIP or PPP or whatever it has for
IP over a serial line :)

IMO there's no shame in abandoning 386BSD for something that actually
has support for your hardware...

--

Phil