[rescue] Re: geek vehicles (HTTP requests)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 11:54:54 CDT 2001

the final /  indicates to Apache (and others?) that you are attempting to
open a directory, not a file, and the server will look for a default page
(typ. something like index.html) to display. Without the trailing slash, the
request is assumed to be for a file, and the process works correctly.

What the HTTP standard says, I am not sue, nor can I speak to the operation
of other HTTP servers...

HTH,

Ken