[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 06:39:21 CDT 2001

> > At, what, 750 pounds dry weight that  puts this vehicle at the top of
the
> > heap in power to weight ratios.
>
> Not quite.  A stock GSXR1300 will pump out 170HP at about 500lb dry, and
> with another 40lb of turbo and plumbing you can nearly double the power.
> It will also have at least a semblance of decent handling without drastic
> suspension reworking, unlike the Harley.
>
> -James [though I am partial to the "little" 883 Sportster]

Well, yes your right.  I was refering to "sit-down" vehicles, but I suppose
I should have said that.  If you want the top of the heap, the Boss Hoss is
*the* top of the production vehicle heap - motorcycle, car, or other.
However - it makes it very hard to conrol when trying to use all those
ponys.  The simple fact is -  the Boss Hoss isn't *heavy* enough to plant
all that power to the ground...

Kurt