[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 00:35:52 CDT 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> ok, there is excess, and then there is just silly.  400HP in a several thousand
> pound car is fine.  you need to propell it as quickly as possible.  i do
> understand that.  but 400HP+ in a several hundred pound trike just seems a
> little silly to me.  you are never going to find the chance to put all that
> power to use.  there is excess, and then there is waste.  i don't have a problem

Sure you are.  It's called "racing".

You're not going to get into the several hundred pound area with a Chevy
smallblock urging you on.  Even the lightest 2-wheel Boss Hoss weighs in
at over 1000.  There are many combinations putting out comparable power
with far less weight, however (turbo Hayabusa, anyone?).

> with excess.  i find waste to be silly though.

Waste depends on your purpose.  For 95% of the average U.S. drivers needs,
a Geo Metro is technically sufficient.  For "driving as fun", hauling, and
all terrain work it just doesn't cut it.

-James