[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 23:22:23 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 07:46:16PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> It all depends on your point of view - I would never find enough work for a
> Cray.  You might never find enough work for 400+ HP.

Finding work for a Cray is easy.  Just mention enough that you have it and
people will beg for CPU time.

> I have two lawnmowers - some people think that's excessive.

We have 2 here for 1.3 acres.  Soon to be 3.

> I have three
> vehicles - also, some people call that excessive.

A lot of people seem to think that the fact that my family of four has
four cars is excessive.  Silly people.  Maybe if we lived closer to
someplace with bus service (I think the closest stop is about 4 miles
away), it could be called excessive, but we dont.

> I for one, don't see the difference between having a 350hp trike, and a Cray
> *supercomputer*.  The only difference is - the grand majority of the owners
> of any given one, will not ever own the other.  There are some though
> (myself included) that would have fun with both.  However - most people will
> never own either one.

I'm not saying there is no purpose to it, but a monster trike doesn't seem
that appealing to me.  I did recently see a monster Harley.  It was one of
the bigger ones, with a bored out engine.  According to the owner (not a
small guy) it did the 1/4 in the low 7s.  That's insane.  Hate to wreck
doing that.  I wouldn't mind owning a harley though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd