[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 22:34:02 CDT 2001

> > Nah - just a stylized air intake.  Hoever, due to the cunstomizeability
of
> > Harley-style pushrod V-twin engines - a blower is certainly well within
> > possible.  I've seen 131 cu-inch V twins putting out close to 350hp with
the
> > right performance parts.  However - 125 ft-lbs of torque on a car that
small
> > is probably more than enough to get you a permanent grin...
>
> Any idea what any of the above is metric-wise;  being a non-american, and
> can't visualise what 131"^3 is.  And whatever a foot-pound is?

hmmm, 1 cubic inch = 16.4 cubic centimeters so...
131*16.4 = 2148.4cc
Pretty impressive.

Also, to put it in terms of metric, 1 newton meter (Nm) = ~.74 pound-feet
(ft-lbs) so...
125 / .74 = ~169 Nm of torque
again, impressive.

At, what, 750 pounds dry weight that  puts this vehicle at the top of the
heap in power to weight ratios.

Kurt