[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 18:46:16 CDT 2001

> dude.  there is a HUGE difference.  actually, a better comparison would be
> say "do you really need a Cray in your house" but even that is way
different.
> no matter how fast a computer is, you can always find work for it.  having
> an engine that is 20x as powerful as you need is pointless.

See, I disagree.  My Plymouth Satelite is going to be pumping out just over
400 HP - and that's a conservative figure.  I plan on using *every* horsey
in there.

It all depends on your point of view - I would never find enough work for a
Cray.  You might never find enough work for 400+ HP.

I have two lawnmowers - some people think that's excessive.  I have three
vehicles - also, some people call that excessive.  How shall I sum this up?
I weigh 215 pounds, am 30 years old, grew up in Ohio, and I'm an "American".
Excess is my middle name.

I for one, don't see the difference between having a 350hp trike, and a Cray
*supercomputer*.  The only difference is - the grand majority of the owners
of any given one, will not ever own the other.  There are some though
(myself included) that would have fun with both.  However - most people will
never own either one.

Kurt