[rescue] SunOS4.1.4/OBP/boot problem

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 18:20:29 CDT 2001

Need some help -- here's what I have:

4.1.4 disk that was partitioned and newfs'd under a running 4.1.4.
It was then mounted on a 5.7 box as ufs to get a netbackup restore.
After re-installing it in the original machine, I was able to watch it
boot once.  Since then, OBP complains about a checksum error, says
it'll try to boot anyway, and craps with a data access exception.
I'm guessing it was a bad idea to toss it up on 7.  My options, as I
see them, are to put the disk back in the running 4.1.4 box, and either
restore the netbackup client somewhere else, copy it over and restore
to the 4.1.4 box, or restore the images to an nfs server, mount it,
and tar them over.  It doesn't appear to be a corrupt vmunix, as I
can't mount any of the partitions on the runnung 4.1.4 box.
thoughts?
thanx!
-ls-