[rescue] Quick EXB-210 questions

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 17:39:46 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Got a question or two that someone here might be able to answer about an
Exabyte 210 tape changer. I'm pondering rescuing one, since the 8mm
library I have doesn't seem very happy and I haven't found time/space to
take it apart and try replacing the drive.

I'm pondering getting one locally, but the one I've found has no key. It's
the longish rectangular sort (which is different from the kind I used on
an EXB220/L400 from Sun). Are these all identical or are there different
versions of the key? Anybody got spares or a pointer on where to look?

Second question is about the drives. Exabyte only sold them with the
7/14GB 8mm MP drives (Eliant 820 or 8505XL) and Mammoth. Does anyone know
if they will work with AIT drives? I expect I'd stick with 8505XL for cost
reasons, but it would be nice to have an upgrade path.

Thanks,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows