[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 10:43:10 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:41:51PM -0400, James Sharp wrote:
> I had one of those when I was in Texas. It had the Multifuel and it was a
> breeze to drive, except that I was about 8 inches too tall to drive it
> comfortably.

how so?  i've driven one around here and i thought it was perfect in every way.
do you have a lot of low clearance bridges out there or something?  i did have
to spend a lot of time mentally tracking low underpasses since there are a bunch
around here i couldn't make it through.  had that thing for a week.  absolutely
must own one.

> I think that in a tug-of-war, this thing would outpull the mog, but only
> because it can get muchmuch more traction with the bigger wheels.

the mog doesn't stand a chance.  the M35A2 has twice as much rubber touching
the ground, has a larger engine than the mog and is what? like 3x the weight
of the mog.  hands down winner.

-brian