[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 10:36:58 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 01:38:58AM -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Oh, that's what you are talking about a 2.5 ton 6x6 :-)  I've wanted one

yuppers.

> of those for awhile too.  They come in a 5 ton variety too.  I here the
> military is phasing out the 2.5 ton model in favor of the 5 because the
> 5 will do anything and more the 2.5 will do.

do you have any pictures of a 5?  how does it compare in say size?  and does
being a 5 ton put it into class B range?  what is gross vehicle weight?

> I didn't think any of them were actually built by Jeep, but rather AM
> General or Kaiser.

you're right, Kaiser tossed the name Jeep in theirs which is what was confusing
me.

> I regularly see one or two in the Michigan Auto and RV.  An Illinois
> version also exits, ever look at it?  You'll probably have to be outside
> Chicago to find it, However.

i'm gonna have to track the guy down around here (eastern PA) and get one from
him unless i get lucky and fine another one.  wish i coulda got the one in
chicago, that one was BEUTIFUL!

-brian