[rescue] Dec PWS 500a

Mike Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 21:26:46 CDT 2001

I have the chance to pick up a Dec PWS 500au with 128mb ram. Any
thoughts on these systems? What are my OS options? Any links to sites
with info on them? I have the option of a r4400 Indigo2 with 256mb or
this system and I'm having a hard time deciding. One part of me says
"oooh, Sgi, shiny" but the other says "raw speed, plus you've already
got a mips system." If the PWS is a junky machine like the Multia I'd
lean towards the SGI but as is I have no idea.

Mike