[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 17:39:07 CDT 2001

"Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> wrote:
> > david at cantrell.org.uk said:
> > Seriously, the electrical systems seem to give American
> > owners nothing but
> > trouble.  I don't know why, but you're not the first UK owner
> > who has told me
> > that they have never had trouble.
>
> The old e-types I played with all had electrical problems. But the cause was
> always obvious... salt! Corrosion from a water/salt environment caused by
> the U.S. habit of applying chloride compounds to the roads during the winter
> months.

Ah, yes, that would be a culprit.  Whilst we do use salt on the roads here
occasionally, we don't use much, as our maritime climate doesn't need it,
and what little we do use gets washed off pretty quickly by the constant
rain :-)

Without the Gulf Stream to keep our temperatures high throughout the
winter, we'd use a great deal more salt.

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery