[rescue] Re: Cheap Shipping?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 16:39:53 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Derrick Daugherty wrote:

> so who do you guys generally use when you score a nice large piece of
> hardware?  I just called airborne and they want $500+ to ship the
> cabinet I scored for 102 bucks.

Airborne is best for smaller stuff, I think, when you need quick delivery.
You might check into one of the truck companies like Roadway or see about
Amtrak Freight if you're near their line. Bax Global has done some of our
shipping. Might also ask Bill whose trucks have pulled up to his place. :)

> I have a tiny 3rd gen rx7 r1 so the odds of me making a roadtrip and
> hauling it back are non-existant.

I was pondering making a road trip to pick up something much more
important to me than a rack--my fiancee and her stuff--and I am pretty
sure my '88 aerostar van would not be comfortable enough for that trip. So
we looked into rentals.  You might look at a "local" rental, whether a
suitable pickup truck from an airport-type car rental agency (yum,
Silverado) or a Uhaul/Ryder truck.

Hope this helps.

Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows