[rescue] Cheap Shipping?

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 16:38:56 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 04:16:30PM -0500, Derrick Daugherty wrote:
> so who do you guys generally use when you score a nice large piece of
> hardware?  I just called airborne and they want $500+ to ship the
> cabinet I scored for 102 bucks.

try www.baxglobal.com  place wanted to ship me a VAX 4000 for $213.  BAX will
do it for less than $80.  go BAX Saver.

this is my first time using them, and the item hasn't showed up yet (only had
it picked up today) so i can't say anything else about them.  but the phonecall
to have the item picked up was great.  the guy one the other end was very
helpful.

> I have a tiny 3rd gen rx7 r1 so the odds of me making a roadtrip and
> hauling it back are non-existant.

i'm surprised more geeks don't buy SUVs. :)

-brian