[rescue] hrm.

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 16:55:45 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:22:44PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> If the addresses have zipcodes, then there is a freeware solution involving
> PostgreSQL, a US Census mapping of zipcodes --> locations, and some other
> free code.  Check techdocs.postgresql.org and then follow the link to the
> "Postgresql Cookbook" by Mello.

Sigh.  Used that, and started looking at other things.  This does not look
like an easy problem in any way shape or form.  And, it looks highly
costly.  Complete state maps (doesn't appear that I can buy less from the
state) are $350 for starters.

I'll have to see if I can find someone at the GIS lab on campus to help
me.  I'm sure there have to be some somewhat pre written solutions, and at
the least, they should help me actually figure out what it all means, and
how the existing analysis tools work.

--
Joshua D. Boyd