[rescue] [jutso at ripco.com: Free Sun monitor]

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 10:05:05 CDT 2001

FYI.

----- Forwarded message from Bill Judson <jutso at ripco.com> -----

From: jutso at ripco.com (Bill Judson)
Subject: Free Sun monitor
To: mrbill at sunhelp.org
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:17:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

<patrick at zill.net>, recommended that I write you concerning a Sun monochrome
19" monitor that I found abandonned in an alley last week. I tried to give
it away on the Mac-oriented lists that I frequent on the Low End Mac site.
The consensus, supported by my own research, is that it can't be used with a
Macintosh: it is TTL, & 1152 x 900 fixed-frequency, a resolution I have
never heard of any Mac card or built-in video supporting. It is Sun part #
365-1013. He said you might be willing to forward my offer to the sun-rescue
list that you run.

The monitor powers up, & glows a little in the CRT neck, but I can't tell
anything more since I have no way to get a signal out to it. So I make no
guarantees. It's free for pickup (only) in the north-east Illinois USA area
(you don't want to even *think* of the postage it needs!) Please tell
everyone to contact me at: <jutso at ripco.com> for further details.

Thank you very much,

--
Over,