[rescue] Room for computers

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 05:32:55 CDT 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, James Sharp wrote:

> > and my favorite use for a terminal in the kitchen.  you can check you mail and
> > get sidetracked and NOT BURN THE FOOD all at the same time.  bliss.
>
> Laptop with 802.11 in it.  Move from the living room to the kitchen to the
> deck to the office, all without losing any of my telnet sessions.

T-e-l-n-e-t <scough> You might wanna look into SSH;  encrypted, compressed,
out-of-band port forwarding, and more.  Get with the times man.

(Ok, ok, I know that Sun is backward enough not to ship SSH by default, but
a quick trip to www.openssh.org, followed by a quick trip to www.gnu.org to
getch a compiler, and you'll be away)!

Paul

(Or, pick up an operating system that ships with ssh, /and/ a
command-line-editing-enabled shell by default: www.debian.org par examplar).