[rescue] [MAILER-DAEMON at arkham.ws: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender]

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 00:50:55 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:12:57AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Ooops!  :-)  Not yet:

normal DNS timeouts, give it time.

> I'm pretty draconian about how I configure my mail server....

which is fine.  it forces me to stop being so damn lazy.

> I'm game to give it a try....  I've got a development Axil-320 that I've
> more or less inherited from a client (and which stays relatively on the
> bleeding edge of NetBSD-current), and a bunch of FDDI capable DEC (nee
> cabletron, nee dnpg, nee enterasys) networking gear, including a about
> three DECswitch 900EF's and an FDDI concentrator (and two DEChub900's to
> plug them into, along with lots of 10baseT hubs, various DECservers, and
> now a VNswitch 900EX).  I just need whatever host adapter(s) you want
> drivers for, and of course some fiber to hook it all up.  I've also got

i don't have any spare fibre, maybe dave can hook you up, let's see what he
says.  it's MIC, so maybe you even have cable, don't know.

> some CDDI PCI cards somewhere that I think there are already drivers for
> (I think they're DEC DEFPA controllers with copper interfaces), but alas
> I'd need a media converter to plug them into the concentrator....

you can keep your stinkin copper. :)

> The incentive of ending up with high-speed networking for this sparc-20
> would certainly be worth part of the effort.

the cards are yours if you care to keep them.  they are fairly cheap on ebay
these days.

> I haven't written a full network driver for nearly a decade now, and
> never anything to do with FDDI, but shouldn't stop me!  ;-)

well, what better way to say "i love you" then to get FDDI working for all us
NetBSD FDDI freaks.

> (if any of these cards use the DEC PDQ FDDI controller that's on the
> DEFPA et al then most of the driver's already written and only an sbus
> front-end would be necessary, but perhaps that'd be pushing my luck too
> much!  :-)

dream on. :)  ok, went and dug them out.  i have two NSI cards, and i know i
have a Sun card in one of the machines.  i'll swap that out, and i have one of
both for you.  i don't have the sun card in hand since it's in a machine, but
here is what's on the NSI card (just to get your brain in gear)

there are three large surface mount chips on here, large letters are:

BSI2
BMAC
PLAYER+

smaller letters and numbers available upon request.

-brian