[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

Phil Brutsche rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 21:37:17 CDT 2001

> I am *very* intruiged by subsystems that do RAID across a few IDE drives
> and talk SCSI to the host. I have't seen one in my price range yet though...

Internal subsystems or external subsystems?

3ware (http://www.3ware.com) makes IDE RAID PCI cards - 2, 4, and 8 port
models, in 32 bit & 64 bit PCI flavors - that look like, and are treated
as, SCSI controllers by the host OS.

I've played around with them - they're very cool, and sure as hell beat
out a Promise FastTrak :)  The basic model - 2 port 32-bit PCI - can be
found for $120 USD or so online.  You can find quite a few vendors via
http://pricewatch.com that have 'em.

Phil