[rescue] So I've got this *dead* SS/10...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 21:04:17 CDT 2001

I have an SS/10 base that appears dead - I plug in some RAM (32 Meg), a CPU
(SM40) and a TGX framebuffer from a working system.

And when I power it up, I get nothing!

The monitor gets a signal (its orange power save light turns green), but
nothing appears.

Yes I have a keyboard attached.

Yes the monitor is working.

No I have no idea what is wrong, does anyone here?

Ken
(this is the last of my SS/10 bases - I've sold off al the working ones, and
am trying to get this base fucntional. If someone wants it for a project,
I'd be happy to sell it for $25 shipped anywhere in continental US as-is.)