[rescue] Is this a POS?

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 17:51:46 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:30:40AM +0200, Sebastian Marius Kirsch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 06:18:44PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Still should be quite workable for Blender, if you don't need subdiv
> > surfaces or the latest IK solver.  Actually, it would probably run blender
> > faster than my dual 350 PC does.
>
> I tried Blender briefly on my Power Indigo^2 with Extreme, and it
> crawls. Just my $0.02.

Few questions.  Exactly how did it crawl?  Slow screen redraws (my
problem)? Slow geometry redraws?  Slow at rendering?

I've heard from other people that extremes run Blender well, but Blender
wasn't optimized for the r8K, and so one would expect that CPU bound
parts of Blender might crawl.

--
Joshua D. Boyd