[rescue] Cheap 1U PC's

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 14:32:37 CDT 2001

Why not just purchase a load of 1U cases, and any time someone has a project
which they wish to locate in your computer room, make them mount it in a
chassis?  It sounds as though your users know what they are doing.  If that
is not a solution, Nick is probably right, contact Dell or another OEM and
get a number of servers built.  As I understand it, the bottom recently fell
out on the low end server market.  The 400$ Gateway server of last month has
caused all the major OEMs to drop prices on the sub-1000$ machines.
    Zach