[rescue] Cheap 1U PC's

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 13:53:49 CDT 2001

All,

I'd like to find a source for an inexpensive 1 or 2 U rackmount PC. Don't
need RAID, redundant power, dual-processor or anything like that- just a
Celeron or PII or ? processor, IDE, video and Ethernet.

These are to replace the seemingly growing amount of old desktop PC's that
someone throws Linux or NT on for a "special project" and then end up being
permanent or semi-production boxes that I then have to accomodate in our
data center. They're not mission critical, but they take up a bunch of
space. We've consolidated functionality where possible onto our production
servers, but these are the kind of boxes that people fiddle with, need to
reboot occasionally, etc.

I'd prefer to have these already integrated; I've researched the
pieces/parts, and would rather spend money vs. time to get these going.

Any pointers appreciated.  .  .

Steve

Steve Hatle
VUE - a Pearson company