[rescue] Room for computers

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 08:10:10 CDT 2001

As an owner of three, no two, no, wait about to me one
SPARCbook, let me say that the best walk-around
802.11b laptop I have found is the Portege 3030ct:

   10.4" 800x600 TFT display
   300 MHz Classic Pentium MMX
   96 Meg RAM
   4 or 6 Gig HD
   full-size, limited travel keyboard
   trackpoint (clit) pointer
   long battery life (2-3 hours w/o 802.11b card)
   $499

   See
http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=14&sku=PORTEGE%2D3020CT

I love mine, and it take an 802.11b card *now* not
*maybe, someday*.