[rescue] Room for computers

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 07:46:03 CDT 2001

I have it on good authority that there is at least one
firm developing Wireless support for 802.11b cards
under Solaris, but the likelyhood of support of
*anything* less than the current SOE seems unlikely
(Solaris 8), which would make SPARCbook support a moot
point.

But, (apparently) this will be usable on conventional
SPARC boxes with suitable adapters.

They are not ready to announce anything, but I
understand it has been seen "in action"...

Ken

--- "Michael S. Schiller"
<schiller at trillian.agrijag.com> wrote:
> I know this has been asked before both here, and on
> the sparcbook list, but does
> anyone know of any wireless cards that work in
> either and/or both a sparcbook, and
> a Sun (using the sbus pcmcia card)? If I could get a
> couple of cards, I could make
> my sparcbook truly portable within my house! Thanks.
>
> -Mike

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com