[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 19:11:03 CDT 2001

> She doesn't mind my computers, cars and motorcycles, and I don't mind her
> books (pushing a ton and a half at last check) and pets.  So long as

Compromise is wonderful, especially when it's her shards of canvas and oil
paints that end up on the mouse, for me to find at 3am.  At least the
colors are pretty. :)

> I don't think I could ever go for full-on home automation, though.  I
> don't mind "computer as tool" but "computer as lifestyle" grates a bit.
> I'd hate to say goodbye to chopping up wood on a cold winter morning for
> a fireplace.  My idea of paradise is closer to a log cabin in the rockies
> with a net connection.

Don't forget the private stretch of blue-ribbon trout river and the dogs.
I considered going with full-on automation for the current domicile.
But...eh...I don't want to think in terms of "double-click" when I just
want a light to go on or something else to happen.  I must be odd, since
I'm also perfectly happy changing my own oil and recording said
information with pen and paper(fear my analog skills!)

:)